Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Winter 2007: The courses

I started this semester with three courses in advise of Amir which told me to not overload myself for the first semester. I came to U of C with the expectation that everything is here is so densely useful and I will have a time when each second has a new thing to learn for me. But in fact, the pace was so much slower than my expectation. This gave me the wrong idea that I am not learning enough here. Even at first, I started reading extra material which later I found it so extent that I could not follow anymore. A couple shocks including a ridiculous result in midterm of "Numerical Methods"alarmed me that I am on wrong way. So I fastened my seatbelt and started flying over course material without too much extra waste of time. With a great wonder I found myself learning more and the finals were excellent. By the way, the wound of midterm in "Numerical methods" lasted and I just managed to get an A-. Though I have the chance to keep my GPA about 3.9 yet.

No comments: